arcGIS Pro 2.4 hangs when drawing previews

07-18-2019 05:52 PM
JoannaMerson2
New Contributor III

I'm working on elevations in scene and it sometimes hangs when drawing previews. No amount of waiting seems to be enough.Interestingly the memory consumption looks high, while the CPU isn't doing anything. The CPU use goes up and down from 1-2%, the memory use barely changes.  Suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

By chance are you using 3D point labels and/or an Arcade label expression in the scene?

0 Kudos
JoannaMerson2
New Contributor III

Yes indeed, I am.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Aha!  So there was a previous Support Service case on this!  Turn off the scene layers that has the labels and see if there's any latency drawing the scene.  If so, open the label properties for that layer, click Reset, click Apply, rebuild the expression, and click Apply.  Does the latency persist?

JoannaMerson2
New Contributor III

I realize I should have said I'm "working animations in scene" If I just turn off the layers in the scene, the animation preview frame doesn't notice, because the visibility is set in the keyframe. It still takes a while for the layers to draw (20-30 seconds for a frame to draw), the program hasn't gotten totally hung up in a little while. I fit happens again, I'll report back!