ArcGIS Pro 2.3 crashes when selecting analysis ribbon

03-11-2019 06:16 AM
MortenJespersen1
New Contributor III

The crashes occur when Pro recalculates the geoprocessing cache, and then crashes without message. Here are some observations:

1. No error message. Just hard shutdown
  2. I can't locate any error dump files. In fact, the folder  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports does not exist. 
  3. I tried to reinstall - no changes. I also tried to install 2.2. In 2.2 it doesn't crash. As soon as I update to 2.3 again, the crashes come back. 
  4. I tried to switch Rendering engine to OpenGL as suggested in other posts. It does not help. 
  5. 2.3.1 update doesn't fix the issue. 

I need some tools in 2.3, so sticking with 2.2 is not an option. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Try this:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Change the "View by" from Catagories to Small Icons
  3. Open the System Control Panel item
  4. Open Advanced system settings (may require Administrative access)
  5. Select "Environment Variables"
  6. Search the User and System Environment Variables for PythonPath and/or PythonHome
    1. These are not created by a default ArcGIS Pro installation
  7. Backup the variable "Value" into a notepad
  8. Remove the variables one at a time, testing ArcGIS Pro to determine which is causing the issue

0 Kudos
MortenJespersen1
New Contributor III

Hi Kory, 

I don't have these variables. The only reference to python in environment Variables are in the System variaable "Path" ("c:\python27" and "c:\python27\scripts"). 

Cheers, 

Morten

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

OK, and if you remove those?  Pro uses Python 3 so I'm wondering if having those paths in your system variables is the cause.

0 Kudos
MortenJespersen1
New Contributor III

I still get the crash. I also removed all python versions.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Had you done anything special with your Pro Python environments?  Cloned, added packages, etc.?  Are you able to check that in the updated version of Pro before it crashes?

If we're not getting anywhere there, it is probably a good time to contact support: Esri Support Contact Support 

0 Kudos
MortenJespersen1
New Contributor III

I didn't change anything. It also crashes if I try to create a gp model in the project toolbox.

0 Kudos