ArcGIS Pro 2.1 | Symbology Unique Values coded list?

Jump to solution
05-09-2018 04:59 AM
VincentLaunstorfer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to symbolize country polygons with the Unique Values renderer in ArcGIS Pro 2.1. Unfortunaletly, values listed are codes (there must be a coded domain in the FGDB) with corresponding labels. As a result, no symbology applies because it is actually country names stored in COUNTRY_NAME list, and not numeric codes!

How can I choose proper country names in the Unique Values symbology and discard the numeric codes?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Can you try making a new text field, copy over the country names to it and use that field.

Another check would be to run a check geometry to ensure no geometry errors

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Vincent,

What are you hoping to see? Are you hoping to see each country designated as a different color? Have you tried scrolling way down to see if other countries changed from red to blue?

0 Kudos
VincentLaunstorfer

Hi,

With Unique Values renderer, I am just trying to mimics a Definition Query. I mean selecting only one country in COUNTRY_NAME and apply a color, and use another color for "all other values"

Unfortunately, countries seems to be stored as coded values in FGDB and display as names in the attributes tables. As a result, ArcGIS Pro seems confused and do not apply any color as shown below. Oman should displays orange!

I cannot figure out the problem...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Can you try making a new text field, copy over the country names to it and use that field.

Another check would be to run a check geometry to ensure no geometry errors

VincentLaunstorfer

Thanks Dan. It worked that way.

It means ArcGIS Pro is not good at symbolizing coded values! It displays the proper name aside the color in the table of contents but seems to look for the coded value for actually applying the color...

0 Kudos