Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 1.2 Server Connection

Jump to solution
02-18-2016 06:39 AM
DaveTenney
Regular Contributor

All,

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why ESRI didn't make it possible to publish services directly from Pro to Server? you can do all this vector tiling work in pro but I cant publish it to server, seems kind of backwards.

it seems like more and more people are showing interest in Pro but they leave this ability out?

almost Friday!

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

The publishing of more items (which are not web maps/web layers) to Portal is on the road map for an upcoming release. (Maybe 1.3, maybe 1.4.... I can't say with certainty of the date, but it is on the to-do list). These items are basically items you cannot publish today, like gp, image, etc.

I don't have any time line on the direct publishing to server. Right now, Pro will publish to both ArcGIS.com (hosted services) and your local Portal, federated with ArcGIS Server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KevinHibma
Esri Regular Contributor

The publishing of more items (which are not web maps/web layers) to Portal is on the road map for an upcoming release. (Maybe 1.3, maybe 1.4.... I can't say with certainty of the date, but it is on the to-do list). These items are basically items you cannot publish today, like gp, image, etc.

I don't have any time line on the direct publishing to server. Right now, Pro will publish to both ArcGIS.com (hosted services) and your local Portal, federated with ArcGIS Server.

DaveTenney
Regular Contributor

Kevin,

thanks for the reply....good to know that its at least on the road map!

Dave

0 Kudos