ArcGIS Pro 1.2 Floating License for All Users

04-29-2016 11:53 AM
TimDocherty
New Contributor II

How do I configure a floating license server for a machine with ArcGIS pro 1.2 installed so each user that logs on doesn't have to configure one for their profile?

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't use servers, but there is a Note in the installation guide

Set up ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktopotherwise you might want to scroll through

ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support to see is notes can be found ther

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

Check registry in  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Licensing I think all the information is there.

I do not see it in the docs so it might change in the next version...

Have fun

0 Kudos
TimDocherty
New Contributor II

I am looking to set a floating license server for all users that logon to the machine. I tried copying the registry information under Current User to Local Machine and that did not work.

0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III

If you make it global to the machine, you will likely need admin rights to the machine to change them.  Fewer and fewer organizations let users have admin rights.  This is a problem with ArcGIS classic desktop, regular users can't switch license level based on what they need unless they override with a user level environment variable.

0 Kudos
TimDocherty
New Contributor II

I am not sure how to make it global to the machine. I saw the registry settings in the HKEY_Current_User hive, but simply transferring those to the HKLM hive does not work.

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

using HKLM to enforce one license Server for ArcGIS Pro Concurrent Use will be available in ArcGIS Pro 1.3.  For 1.2, the License Server keys are only valid under HKCU.

0 Kudos
SusanneByrne-Dronkers__GISP
New Contributor

I have successfully edited the HKLM entries to default the license server for ArcGIS Pro 1.3. concurrent licensing.  However the ArcGIS Pro extensions do not seem to be defaulting as desired.  Is it possible to have a set of ArcGIS Pro extensions (for example Data Reviewer and Workflow Manager) enabled by default for all users who login?

0 Kudos
VincentPaul
New Contributor

Even in ArcGIS Pro 1.3, I couldn't set the concurrent license using HKLM registry keys. It expects the license to be configured at HKCU level. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Licensing]. Any ideas how to set up concurrent license at HKLM level? Thanks