ArcDesktop 10.5.1 editor just started running slow

07-06-2019 04:24 AM
BrianKneller
New Contributor III

Slow running editors have been an ongoing topic but from the conversations I am unclear whether the remedies suggested apply. I am using Win 10 Pro, Version 1809; ArcMap 10.5.1.7333 under MacBootcamp and this has been troublefree since the begining of this year. Yesterday during a map edit session the  "finish sketch" option slowed and sometimes failed to work leaving a line feature with verticies that would not complete correctly and the only way was to shut the edit and try again. Prior to this I spent most of the time editing and creating new  feature symbols, the trouble started when using a new symbol. I stored some new symbols in C:\Users\Brian Kneller\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.5\ArcMap\Brian Kneller.style. I have run repair and reinstall on ArcGIS and the problem persists; I suspect it may be associated with the roaming profile since this is the only system element I actively used but I am unsure what I should do  -- suggestions/advice  would be welcome

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrianKneller
New Contributor III

I cleared this problem by making the feature groups  invisible ... so no features were visible in the  "create feature" window By  repopulating the "create feature" window by making the feature groups visible again the editor uses these and now seems to be working fine.

0 Kudos