Apply Symbology from Layer tool in model builder

10-05-2018 02:58 AM
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

I'm currently creating a workaround for the absence of the "match to symbols in a style" functionality in Pro, but I've hit a snag...

I can't seem to use inline variable substitution for the (new) field symbology parameters within the "Apply Symbology from Layer" tool.

These parameters didn't exist in ArcMap (your symbology fields had to match), and their addition is great, but I can't seem to feed a user defined variable into them, either as a string type or a field. It just throws "Not a Value" errors when I try and run the model

Anybody got any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussellTess
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue, did you find a solution to your problem?

0 Kudos
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

Russell,

Apologies for the delayed reply. I have a solution, of sorts, through the ESRI helpdesk. Details below...

"In order to add symbology fields to your model, right click on the tool 'Apply Symbology From Layer' and go to create variable > from parameter > symbology fields. This allows you to create add the symbology fields to the final geoprocessing model."

I then responded, confirming this does work and asking how I might set up a "Value Table" variable from scratch (as this method confirms that is the correct "data type" of the variable).

ESRI responded saying I couldn't!