Select to view content in your preferred language

Annotation Symbolid not saved from template

05-31-2022 02:09 PM
Labels (2)
DeanAnderson2
Occasional Contributor II

I have a lot of annotation.  As I understand it, annotation is referred to by its AnnotationClassID and SymbolID (similar to ArcMap).  My AnnotationClassID for bearing/distances have an id "34-Bearing/Distance" with a symbolid of "9" (made sure of this when converting from ArcMap).  In the following example  I have the symbolid in the template set to 9. But when I add an annotation string the symbolid is assigned a -1.   Is there a way for the symbolid that is in the template to be assigned the correct value "9" ??  

DeanAnderson2_0-1654031136206.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeanAnderson2

Sorry --- This happens in both Arcpro 2.8 and 2.9 with a standard geodatabase. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Dean - one thing to check is what is referenced in the help page here - it states "Substitute color of text stored inline—When this option is enabled, the color of symbols stored inline is substituted. Symbols stored inline are symbols that do not reference a symbol in the symbol collection. These features can be recognized by a value of -1 in the SymbolID field. Substitution of the symbol collection symbols does not impact the display of these inline stored features. Enable this option and set the color of your choice to substitute the color of these features."

Perhaps this is what's going on with your data....

0 Kudos
DeanAnderson2

I got that,  symbols that have a -1 are not using the symbolid. Unfortunately,  I want them to have the symbolid when I am adding.  In the annotation symbology properties I have it set to "No Substitutions" which I thought would force only reference to the symbolid.  My problem is when the template has the symbol set(in my case 9) and I do not allow substitutions,  when annotation text is added it should not assign the symbolid to be -1.   The symbol that has been added should have a symbolid of 9 as contained in the template. 

0 Kudos
CraigWilliams
Esri Contributor

There's something here that's forcing the annotation to -1. Generally that occurs when a symbol property can't be expressed as an override. For newly constructed annotation that's rare though. This likely warrants a support call to look at the scenario.

0 Kudos