Select to view content in your preferred language

Annotation follow feature

05-22-2024 09:13 PM
MaciekB
New Contributor III

Hi,

Does anybody have a solution to the extremely tight way annotation follows curved features? In ArcMap, when following a feature, annotation would follow a generalised curve, sometimes a bit too generalised, however in Pro it seems it has gone to the other extreme where it will insistently follow the curves exactly to the point where it just becomes an illegible jumble of overlapping letters as per the example below:

MaciekB_0-1716437026918.png

This makes it very difficult to place legible text on small scale maps and or along features with tight curves. I am using version 2.8.8, hopefully this issue has been addressed in 3.x? Or am I missing a setting somwhere?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesCarroll7
New Contributor II

I've seen that happen in one of my projects before when using the offset curved Street Placement position in the Label Class pane. Changing from Street Placement to Regular Placement fixed it for me.

I just did a quick example to show the difference this setting can make, screenshots attached. Hope this is helpful. 

0 Kudos
MaciekB
New Contributor III

I have tried recreating the text using regular placement instead of street placement, then converting it to annotation - it does a much better job around curves however then I noticed that text manipulation is restricted where it won't let me convert to multiple parts; it insists on having the text as single part which won't cut it for the work I do. 

MaciekB_1-1717028699461.png

0 Kudos