Analysis Tools: ArcGIS Online vs ArcGIS Pro

03-29-2018 10:00 AM
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Is it just me, or are there analysis tools options that are available via ArcGIS Online that show up as locked for users on ArcGIS Pro Basic?  Some even seem to have the same icons.

I wish these tools were consistent.  At times I end up uploading data that doesn't need to be shared online just because the tool works on AGOL and is locked on Pro.

PRO:

AGOL

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rachael,

The Analysis tools in ArcGIS Online are available to any user that has been granted the appropriate role that contains the permissions to execute the particular analysis:

ArcGIS Online consumes credits to execute these tools. 

ArcGIS Pro is based on the license level you have.  For example, if you look at the Near tool, it is only licensed for Advanced.  Whether you access this tool from Feature Analysis on the Analysis ribbon, or the Near tool in Toolbox, you will need an Advanced license.

RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the explanation of the tools in Pro and AGOL.  Some tools in Pro already can tap credits from AGOL, so I figured that this would be possible for all tools that are available in AGOL.  There are certainly tasks that I can do in AGOL that I don't seem to have permissions for on the desktop, even with using service credits.

0 Kudos