Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding new templates

04-04-2024 03:32 PM
Labels (1)
ZachShein
New Contributor

Hello. I'm currently learnng GIS for a conservation project at a small suburban forest. Thank you in advaced for readin my question and for your imput 🙂

Anyways, I'm making a map that shows the different land types. To start, I imported a layer from the state (MA) that shows land use types. I deleted types that were not relavant (eg. comercial), and only kept the data in the near the vascinity of the park. Now I need to add a way for me to create additional land types (eg. meadow). To do so, I think I need to add templates. However, when I try to do this I get an error message telling me that I need to either change the symbology or change value in template attributes. Despite trying, I am unable to acomplish either of these. 

Any imput would be greatly appretiated!

Screenshot 2024-04-04 182203.pngScreenshot 2024-04-04 182126.pngScreenshot 2024-04-04 182113.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Try adding a new symbol class for Meadows. This doc has info on adding unlisted values:
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/layer-properties/unique-value.htm#ESRI_SECTION...

After the symbol class exists, the template that you created should start working.

0 Kudos