'Add XY Coordinates' GP tool use in ArcGIS Pro

05-08-2018 11:31 AM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi.  I am using ArcGIS Pro, latest version, and I was trying to add the XY coordinates to a fire hydrant (point) attribute table using the 'Add XY Coordinates' GP tool.  Even though I had removed any connections (except sde) to the geodatabase, I was still getting a table lock error running the GP tool in Pro.  I have write privileges to the feature dataset.  I finally pulled the hydrant layer into ArcMap, disconnected any new connections, ran the GP tool and I was able to add the XY coordinates to the att table.  I don't know if this is the place in GeoNet to mention this, but I wanted to get it out there.  Thank you. Regards, Jay

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jay,

Have you tried closing all ArcGIS Pro instances and other Esri products and then just opened the same Pro project again to try the GP tool again? And, as another resort, have you tried restarting your PC and then just opening one instance of Pro and trying the GP tool again? Sometimes I get random schema locks in Pro like this and usually just closing my one Pro instance and opening again fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Adrian,

I tried closing Pro instances, disconnecting users, laptop reboot, etc., multiple times, same result. I finally did the Add XY in ArcMap, was done in seconds. I am back working in Pro, and moving the project along. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jay