Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Vertical Symbology to a polygon Layer

02-04-2016 03:38 AM
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Hi Friends!!!

I am currently working with ArcGIS pro on a Landuse map, which have different parcels of various zones. I need to create vertical zoning for that layer for representing underground features. I extruded the layer for the value -30 m, so it represents underground. Now I want to add different colours (symbology) to every 10m below the ground. So we can illustrate different underground zones like Water network, Transport, Sewage,etc.,

Please help me to add symbology vertically so I can add different zones underground.....

Regards

Arun

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GIS-Cambria
Occasional Contributor II

Have you tried symbolizing using a quantity field? I'm not sure you can apply a range value on an extruded polygon without having something to first define the ranges. You might want to create multiple copies of the polygons in your layer, then add an elevation field and calculate each separate copied polygon into that specific elevation. Think of it like a layer cake. You'd have polygons stacked on polygons but each one in 3D has a specific place.

Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

I tried the same and the result was successful. But I really looking for any options in creating symbology without creating multiple polygons.

0 Kudos