3D Symbol scaling breaks after a certain size.

Jump to solution
12-09-2020 08:55 AM
Labels (1)
LR2
by
New Contributor III

When I try to scale a cylinder beyond a H/W/D of 20/10/10 meter, the height doesn't change anymore. Instead, the diameter of the cylinder shrinks. The problem doesn't occur at smaller scales. Is this a bug? See attached video.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LR2
by
New Contributor III

The feature (a point with XYZ coordinates) has nothing in any setting that deviates from the defaults. I copied its layer over into a new scene I created and the problem persisted. However when I loaded it from its source GDB and applied symbology from scratch, it worked as expected. Moving the working layer over to the original scene also doesn't cause any errors.

The project was imported from a ppkx, so it might have something to do with that. I've ran into display errors in imported projects before, but they only required reapplying the symbology.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryLehner
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

It could be, but I'm not able to recreate this problem with the default options applied. We'd need more information from you. 

Do you have an unique elevation surface in your scene, or have you tried applying any of the presets? Even with heights smaller than 20 m, in your video, the bottom of the cylinder changes its height.

0 Kudos
LR2
by
New Contributor III

The feature (a point with XYZ coordinates) has nothing in any setting that deviates from the defaults. I copied its layer over into a new scene I created and the problem persisted. However when I loaded it from its source GDB and applied symbology from scratch, it worked as expected. Moving the working layer over to the original scene also doesn't cause any errors.

The project was imported from a ppkx, so it might have something to do with that. I've ran into display errors in imported projects before, but they only required reapplying the symbology.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos