3D objects association with 3D points featuring some values using "Spatial Join"

12-01-2022 01:58 AM
NuthanaEtikyala
New Contributor

Hi, 

The following is the procedure to be followed for the 3D representation of solar radiation values on building facades. 

3D modeling and joining attributes: generation of 3D geometries in a GIS environment from
the base 2D footprint polygons using the (CityEngine) CGA scripts. These scripts extrude the
buildings vertically from the footprints using the height attribute and successively divide its
external faces in squares with a 1 m-side. The resulting 3D objects will then have to be associated
by means of either a spatial (proximity) join with the 3D points featuring irradiance values. Further, using the symbology tool, we can change the variation in irradiance values corresponding to variation in color.

I have the footprints and points with the irradiance values (Table with x, y, z, value).

1) But, I am unable to divide the external faces of the extruded polygons into squares of 1m side either using CGA script or using some tools like divide, split, etc. in ArcGIS Pro.

2) I am unable to use spatial join for 3D objects as mentioned above (extruded polygon) so that I can have the irradiance values column at specific positions on the facades in the attribute table of footprints and can show the color variation on the facades in the end. 

Can anyone please help me here, I am just stuck at this 3D representation. 

I have attached images related to what kind of representation I want. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
0 Replies