Select to view content in your preferred language

3.0 Release with Concurrent Licenses

Jump to solution
07-15-2022 08:33 AM
Labels (1)
KamillePreto
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, all!

I had our IT Dept update ArcGIS Pro to the 3.0 release yesterday as I was listening into the ESRI UC and was excited for the new updates. Today, I was listening into a session where they mentioned if you have a concurrent license for Pro to make sure to update ArcGIS Manager from myESRI prior to upgrading Pro.

I did not do this, as I didn't know that I had to. I'm unfamiliar with updates via ArcGIS Manager, so if somebody could help me understand this process, or what I should do since I'm already updated to 3.0, that would be very helpful.

What should my next steps be to make sure I don't encounter any bumps in the road?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 requires the newly updated ArcGIS License Manager 2022.0.  The reason why we suggest you upgrade the license manager first is so that Pro 3.0 will start after install.  Without updating the license manager, Pro 3.0 will not start.  

To answer you specific question, it does not matter that you upgraded the license manager after updating to Pro 3.0 as long as both applications are upgraded.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

For ArcGIS Pro 3.1 you will need License Manager to 2022.1

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You may download ArcGIS License Manager 2022.0 from My Esri. (My Organizations > Downloads > ArcGIS Pro 3.0 (View Downloads) > ArcGIS License Manager 2022.0 (Windows) > Download.

JayantaPoddar_0-1657917440627.png

Then, follow the steps for upgrade from your installed version of ArcGIS LM to the latest version of ArcGIS LM. 

License manager installation and startup—License Manager Guide | Documentation (arcgis.com)

Think Location
0 Kudos
KamillePreto

Thank you for your response. My question is though - that I have already upgrade ArcGIS Pro to 3.0, and during UC, they mentioned to do the LM Upgrade prior to upgrading Pro.

If I upgrade the LM now after Pro has already been upgraded, will this cause an issue?

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 requires the newly updated ArcGIS License Manager 2022.0.  The reason why we suggest you upgrade the license manager first is so that Pro 3.0 will start after install.  Without updating the license manager, Pro 3.0 will not start.  

To answer you specific question, it does not matter that you upgraded the license manager after updating to Pro 3.0 as long as both applications are upgraded.

0 Kudos
RayCreede
New Contributor

I am running in to a similar issue.  I have upgraded the License Manager to 2022.0 already, but none of my ArcGis Pro 3.0 clients will receive a license.  The error message says this version of License Manager needs to be updated, but it is already at 2022.0.

RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

For ArcGIS Pro 3.1 you will need License Manager to 2022.1

KamillePreto

Thank you for this!

I have been using Pro 3.0 since upgrading it (without updating the license manager), so it's been working perfectly fine so far. Will make sure that we update the License Manager.

0 Kudos
KamillePreto

Follow up questions - do I need to do this license manager upgrade on all machines that operate ArcGIS Pro? Also, do I need the Authorization codes for the extensions?

Our Org has:

1 Desktop Advanced Concurrent Use License

2 Desktop Basic Single Use Licenses

1 Network Analyst for Desktop Concurrent Use License

1 Spatial Analyst for Desktop Concurrent Use License

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Regular Contributor

Prior to ArcGIS Pro 3.2, you had to update the License Manager to the version released with Pro, e.g, 2022.0 was ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and 2022.1 was for ArcGIS Pro 3.1. For some reason, ArcGIS Pro 3.2 works with both LM 2022.1 and LM 2023.0.

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

@RichardDaniels A new version of Pro will include bug fixes, new features, etc.  Sometimes we upgrade the Flexnet Licensing Service to stay up-to-date and to address vulnerabilities.  When doing so, we also need to update the service on the license manager to the same version or higher.  Because newer Flexnet Licensing Service will always work with the same version or lower, you should always update the license manager when available.  That said, a new version of the licensing service is not updated for each release.  So yes, newer version of Pro may work with an older version of the license manager but not always.  In the case of Pro 3.2 and license manager 2023.0, we updated the licensing service for Pro but later found a major bug with the same version of the licensing service on the license manager.  As a workaround, we tested and verified the new licensing service worked with the prior version in the license manager.  This is the same version found in LM 2022.1.  This is why you're able to use either version of the license manager for Pro 3.2.  Again, this is not always the case.  

0 Kudos