User/Project setting to disable automatic creation of feature templates

11-18-2022 12:40 AM
Labels (1)
SharonTurner
New Contributor II

I would like it to be possible for a User to define whether feature templates are automatically created when a layer is added to a project, or not. It would be great if this could be applied at the User level, project level, or all projects level. In my case, I would like the ability to turn OFF automatic creation of feature templates via an option in the Organise Feature template dialog, or in the Project Options.

This should not be the default setting, but it should be an option for people who have heftily symbolised layers that need to be added to an ArcGIS Pro project. The current work around is to add the unsymbolised data, define a feature template for it and then import the symbology into the layer. 

Currently if I add the layer itself, with the symbology already applied, ArcGIS Pro grinds to a halt as some of our layers may have 6000 symbols. 

1 Comment
Scott_Harris

@SharonTurner 

Regarding the performance issue you are seeing. Have you reached out to Esri Technical Support and showed them the issue? The development team is interested in seeing it. P.S. I tried to send you a direct message, but it looks like that direct messages are turned off for your account.