Select to view content in your preferred language

Tabbing through tool parameters and info tooltips

01-05-2024 07:26 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Edited: This idea was previously titled "When tabbing through GP tool parameters, don't tab into Help tooltip".

ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1

When entering parameter values into geoprocessing tool parameters (such as in the Create Database View tool), I often use the TAB keyboard key to advance to the next parameter/textbox. However, if the next parameter has an "I" (Information/Help) tooltip, then the tabbing action tabs into the Help tooltip, rather than into the next parameter, which is cumbersome. I would need to hit TAB three times in order to get past the Help tooltip and into the next parameter textbox.

I think it would be better to advance directly to the next parameter. Could that behavior be changed?

Could tabbing into the info tooltip be improved?

Video:

2 Comments
DrewFlater
Status changed to: In Product Plan

@Bud tabbing to the parameter information i is a requirement for accessibility standards (Section 508). It is natural for this tab stop to be placed immediately before the parameter control to provide the context for the parameter value that is to be specified. However we need to refine/improve this tabbing to make the parameter information popup display more consistently with other popup i buttons in ArcGIS Pro, also to correct the bug that multiple tab hits need to happen to get to the parameter control. 

Bud
by

Thanks @DrewFlater. I tried to improve the title of this idea. Feel free to suggest something different.