Select to view content in your preferred language

Store Favorite Fonts

05-02-2017 07:15 AM
Labels (1)
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

In ArcMap, you can save a list of favorite coordinate systems, which is handy because there are so many to scroll through to find ones you need.  Similarly, when choosing character marker symbols, there is usually a long list of system fonts to choose from.  

It would be useful to be able to maintain a favorite fonts list, so that we could go straight to a list of fonts that we regularly use, such as fonts that have graphical characters.  All of the ESRI* fonts are grouped together, but there are others like Wingdings and Font Awesome.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
MarcelSt-Germain

Pro put recently use font on the top of the list.  Could be very useful to parse our fonts and tag the fonts we use to always see them at the top, below recently use font.  Could be limited to the 5 or 10 use fonts.

KoryKramer

Couldn't you save your most-used fonts to a style?  Or even create a separate style just for fonts and save to that?

WendyHarrison
Status changed to: Already Offered

Here is a link to the styles documentation.  As Kory said, it's a good way to store your favorite fonts.

ErikBreedon

I also came here looking to limit how many fonts I want to see in ArcGIS Pro. I do not use 90% of the fonts on my computer. I can't figure out how to limit fonts using Styles.

I use Styles to save font stylings, and that's great. Thanks for the tip.

However, I am looking for a way to simply limit a font like Comic Sans from ever appearing in a font dropdown within the program, or a way to favorite my top 10-15 fonts to use.

I'll use the Styles workaround for now.