Sound Indicator when Tool/Script Run

12-23-2022 10:55 AM
Labels (1)
L_OG
by
New Contributor II

When a geoprocessing tool, script, etc. has finished running (whether successfully or has errored out), play a tone that indicates the process is done. This could be a setting that is toggled on/off by users in their ArcGIS Pro Options, and would be hugely useful when multitasking and waiting on lengthy geoprocessing processes to finish running. 

3 Comments
wayfaringrob

Not that they made sound, but those baby-blue pop-ups in ArcMap were very nice -- appearing over other windows. I wonder if Pro could utilize Windows notifications.

RandyPenird

When processing large batches of data, especially arial images, an option to play a tone when the process is completed will notify me to return to pro to initialize the next batch (or at the very least that my task is complete). A default of "No Bell" would be fine, but a small button I could click to "Chime" when the progress bar is complete would be a huge quality of life Improvement. I lose a lot of opportunity not knowing when my process is finished. 

enabled:RandyPenird_4-1708957232228.png

disabled: RandyPenird_5-1708957265707.png

A mock up of a bell icon is provided:

RandyPenird_3-1708957183995.png

RandyCasey

Great idea! I would definitely want to be able to control the notification on a "per use" basis, as I could see it getting annoying if you have a bunch of short term GP tools queued up, and they just start "dinging" one after another.