Select to view content in your preferred language

Scrolling the attribute table in ArcGIS Pro

07-21-2017 03:30 PM
Labels (1)
GregBazhaw
New Contributor III

When using the scroll bar in an attribute table in Desktop, one can visually browse all the records as they scroll by, even on large datasets. In Pro, when you scroll the attribute table, you get a blank screen with the word "Scanning...". One has no idea where they are in the long list of records, until they stop scrolling, only to discover they need to scroll further, or they scrolled too far. This is terribly inefficient. The Desktop way to scroll works way better. Please implement this method of scrolling for the attribute tables in Pro.

31 Comments
MatthewLeonard

@KoryKramer  I am using Pro 3.2.2, and this idea still has not been implemented as far as I can tell, or at least not successfully. The attribute table still goes blank as I'm scrolling vertically, which is still a big downgrade in functionality compared to ArcMap. It makes it difficult to visually scan through data as I'm scrolling. My actual experience is much worse than the video you shared 3 years ago which supposedly demonstrates the fix. In Pro, not only does the table go blank, but there is also a lag where the scrollbar and rows on the screen do not keep up with my movement of the pointer as I'm trying to move the scrollbar. It is very disorienting.

I'm wondering if my experience might be due to my computer's capacity, but I do not have similar problems in ArcMap on the same computer with the same data, so this would seem to indicate that the problem is with the ArcGIS Pro software.