Select to view content in your preferred language

Right Click -> Close Activation for Layout Map Frame

Tuesday
Labels (1)
TanWent
Occasional Contributor

Simple idea, but would speed up working with Layouts. I'm surprised that I can't close an activated map frame by right clicking on it and choosing "Close Activation." I think that would be more intuitive and efficient than having it as (nearly) the only option in the Layout ribbon.

2 Comments
TomBole

Hi @TanWent

Thanks for the idea.  I do have a question.  Are you aware that there are 2 options on the top of the view window that close an activate map frame? I've circled in green the two options to deactivate the  map frame. 

Screenshot 2024-09-10 091330.jpg

These require a single click, whereas clicking an option in a context menu requires a click to open the menu and a click to choose the option. 

Perhaps I'm missing something. Is there something about the 2 options circled above that leads to inefficiencies when working with a layout?

Thanks.

Tom

KoryKramer

To add to Tom's question, when you have a map frame activated, you can use the shortcut key to deactivate it. Click F12 to see the currently active shortcuts. The default shortcut to Close Activation is Q, but you could set that to whatever you want like, Esc. That way you don't need to click anything, open any menu, or travel to the ribbon. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the shortcut.

KoryKramer_0-1725985231311.png