Resize scale bar in ArcGIS Pro

09-26-2017 03:12 PM
Labels (1)
deleted-user-sYHsW3p_gN5o
Occasional Contributor II

Currently in ArcGIS Pro the scale bar doesn't totally resize when you try to resize it. It goes from this:

To this:

Notice how the length of the scale bar increased, but the height did not. This seems counter-intuitive and should be improved in an update to ArcGIS Pro.

13 Comments
by Anonymous User

Ohhh okay, sorry I thought you meant that neither the width, nor the unit divisions were changing either.

I'm in 2.4 and having the same problems regarding auto-adjustable height.

But you can change it manually by going to Scale Bar > Scale Bar > Properties > Bar > and then adjust the height manually to what you want.

Also you can change the font manually: Scale Bar > Text Symbol > Properties > Appearance > and adjust it manually.

Unfortunately this looks like the only (and arduous) way to do it... Not sure if 2.2 had the functionality you're looking for... Let me know if it works out haha, the manual adjustment sucks.

BRENNEJM

Interesting. The only way I can edit that bar height property is to turn on "Stepped". It doesn't control the height of the entire bar though (at least not in a logical way). I also tried converting the scale bar to a graphic, but Pro requires you to preserve the aspect ratio (there's no option to unlink them like there is for normal graphics). So resizing that way means the scale bar isn't accurate anymore. This is one of those mildly infuriating things that always stops me from switching from ArcMap to Pro. Pro is better in so many ways, but the lack of basic functionality like this is annoying.

by Anonymous User

Don't know if this helps ^

It's still possible to do what you want to do, it's just a fairly more annoying process than in ArcMap.

I agree Pro is great, but yeah the full functionality isn't quite there yet in some regards.