Select to view content in your preferred language

Reproduce Extract Data Wizard workflow in AGP

10-30-2020 12:44 PM
Labels (1)
HilaryCampbell
Regular Contributor

The Extract Data Wizard available in the Distributed Database toolbar in ArcGIS Desktop (shown below) has not been recreated in ArcGIS Pro.  

This wizard provides a very simple, clean method of putting data with all relevant domains, subtypes and relationships into a new file GDB (I do not have any experience with XML).  And, users have the option of choosing Schema Only, which creates a clean shell of the feature class(es) selected.  No ZIP files, no packages, no XML imports/exports... no fuss!  This is extremely useful for documentation, testing, etc.  Please consider adding this essential function to ArcGIS Pro.  Thanks.

12 Comments
RobertSacco

Just adding support for including this tool's functionality in ArcGIS Pro. I have a workflow that requires I export a subset of data (currently using definition queries) with the feature classes' relationship class and related table and the ability to exclude a different relationship class and related table. This tool in ArcMap with the ability to extracting related data and choosing the items to extract works perfect for this scenario so replicating it in ArcGIS Pro would be great or any suggestions for accomplishing this with different tools.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.3. See Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.3 for a full list of all user ideas you can look forward to! And be sure to check out the release blog and what’s new help topic and video to learn more about all the new features and functionality in the release.