Map Series - Spatial Page Query

01-25-2024 10:21 AM
Labels (1)
C_McNamara
New Contributor III

Pag Queries for Map Series are cool and powerful. I am more time efficient using these tools to create multiple maps with the same content many times over for individual records. I think adding spatial page queries would extend this ability further. With page queries, items are filtered/displayed based on tabular attribute links alone. I would like the option to filter layers based on their spatial relationship with the layer that is informing the creation of the map series.

Example - I want to only show some records inside a page queried boundary (without having to add new fields to make this tabular relationship) - the page query is the same as the map series query. Below, I would like the small polygons with labels only visualized inside the large boundary with shaded edges. Is this already possible?

C_McNamara_0-1706206570762.png

Tags (2)
4 Comments
RPGIS
by

You can set to limit the map to only the extent of a specified shape within a map series, and you can also specify exceptions for displaying layers. This is set in the map properties.

RPGIS_0-1706207326191.png

Or this option can be set within the map series setting.

RPGIS_0-1706207556124.png

C_McNamara

For some reason I am left with a completely blank layout in my map series now (see first image) even though the clip index is honored in the map frame from the map series selection. 

C_McNamara_0-1706213066519.pngC_McNamara_1-1706213107945.pngC_McNamara_2-1706213195173.png

C_McNamara_3-1706213239113.png

AubriKinghorn

@C_McNamara I'm not sure why your extent is going blank, that would be a great questions for the Pro Community page or to reach out to technical support  for, it could be a bug. It should work as @RPGIS explained. Clipping is the way to accomplish your workflow and has been available since ArcGIS Pro 2.x, I'm going to close this as already offered. 

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Already Offered