Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Series Page Editing

11-20-2019 10:56 AM
Labels (1)
MatthewDondanville1
New Contributor III

Looking for a toggle button to enable label or layout changes on an individual page of a map series. While most data is driven by the attribute table, sometimes a specific page needs an extra arrow or different wording. 

14 Comments
BradCarone

Is there any updates on this or has anyone found a workaround through the UI? 

RichardOHearn

It is insane that this isn't a simple built-in functionality in ArcGIS Pro at this point.  You're telling me that NOBODY at Esri has ever needed some unique elements added to various pages within a map series?!  Really???  Not even assigning the first page as a "cover page"?

I have a simple (8) page series based on a line feature layer.  However, I want to add a second map frame to page #5 that shows a close-up look at the location, because there is a polygon feature that I need to show.  But because I can't now "disconnect" the series or simply assign an element as "unique" or tied to a single page of the series, I have to create a new layout for a single page?  C'mon folks, lets bring a little common sense into product development.  

Ebolivar

All I need to do is add a text box to include a note for about 20 maps in a 55 page map series - each unique to that map. Very very sad that I am finding I can not do this without a significant work around. Hope this option gets added in soon!

FourCornersMapping

I made a similar request in another Idea:

I would like to see the ability to dynamically control the visibility of layers and graphics in the Contents pane based on a map series. For instance, say I have a map series with two pages: one with a layer showing antelope habitat and the title graphic "Antelope Habitat"; and one with a layer showing oil and gas well locations and the title graphic "Oil and Gas Wells". After defining a map series, I want to have the habitat layer and Antelope Habitat title toggle on when I am on the antelope map, and off when I move to the oil and gas wells map. Conversely, I'd like to have the well locations layer and Oil and Gas Wells title toggle off when on the antelope map, and on when I am on the oil and gas wells map. I do not want to add a "Page Number" or "Page Name" attribute column to every layer, as is required to dynamically display a layer currently using Page Query. A bonus would be if this functionality could be applied to groups of layers and groups of graphics.

Apparently some functionality was implemented to create a Thematic Map Series. But I don't think that applies to graphics, only layers in the TOC. I hope work continues in this area because I need this ALL THE TIME!