Select to view content in your preferred language

Label class copy and paste: tick boxes

10-11-2022 06:14 AM
Labels (1)
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

At the moment, when copying label properties, there is a choice of:

IlkaIllers1_0-1665493951607.png

Very often, I find myself wanting to copy not all properties but almost all of them. So I start by pasting placement properties, and then go on two or three more times. If there were boxes to tick for the properties you wanted to paste instead of just selecting one or all, you could paste all needed properties in one go instead of going back and doing it all over several times. 

4 Comments
wayfaringrob

yep, been there done that. Great idea! same goes for the import symbology tool - give me options rather than just copying everything without warning.

wayfaringrob

Being able to copy and paste all labeling properties between label classes is a nice feature, but when copying and pasting label properties between different types of geometries, the 'All properties' button is grayed out since you obviously can't use the same labeling style for a point as you can a polygon and so on. This idea is to enable that button to apply all the other properties still. It would save 6 clicks by my count and require a lot less mouse gymnastics.

rburke_0-1684263250047.png

Marie_Ducharme

Hey @wayfaringrob ! I tried to send you a direct message but dont think its possible here within the ESRI Community website

I am very interested in the context menu you are showing. How do you get to this label properties context menu?

AlfredBaldenweck

@Marie_Ducharme It's when you right-click a label class when viewing layers by labelling.

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1686077209750.png