Select to view content in your preferred language

In TOC, keep contents aligned left

01-30-2023 01:02 PM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

This idea is to disable the feature that causes the TOC to scroll to the right when a layer is clicked. Usually it only does this if you have a layer with a long name so you can read more of it, but it also sometimes happens to layers with shorter names. The TOC will jump when clicked to show you something like this, which hides the collapse/expand buttons:

rburke_0-1675112377209.png

If your layer is grouped, it scrolls so far right that the checkboxes and patches are also hidden, requiring a manual horizontal scroll (with the pointer nonetheless - go vote for horizontal scrolling here and here) each time a new layer is clicked.

rburke_0-1675112588144.png

And then you're stuck there - selecting another layer doesn't return you to the left.

rburke_1-1675112619777.png

The idea is to knock it off with the auto scrolling; if I want to read more of my layer names, I'll just expand the pane or scroll over there myself. That's less work than having to constantly re-scroll to the left.

2 Comments
TanuHoque
Status changed to: In Product Plan

AmeliaBradshaw
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.