Select to view content in your preferred language

Import and Export Group Templates

11-02-2023 12:12 PM
Labels (1)
Ariggs
by
New Contributor III

I often have a need to create group templates in different projects that will do the same thing or nearly the same thing. Every time I make a new project I'm limited by not having all my templates, so a lot of work has to be done and copied in one home project despite the data being hosted in an enterprise geodatabase. I would love to be able to save group and feature templates as some sort of template file that I can import into new projects. 

Could have an "export/import all" option like with Attribute Rules.

4 Comments
KoryKramer

Thank you for submitting this idea @Ariggs 

It is a valid idea and something that we'll be looking into for near-term releases. For now, we wanted to make sure that you were aware of the ability to copy feature templates (new in ArcGIS Pro 3.1). So if you need to move templates from one project into another, you could create a map package and bring that into a new project. Once in the target project, those feature templates can be copied as described in the help. I'm not sure if this will necessarily satisfy what you're looking for, but for now it may be an option while we continue to develop the functionality requested in your idea.

Hope this helps.

Scott_Harris
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Ariggs
by

@KoryKramer I didn't know about this, thank you! This is currently only available for feature templates and not group templates?

JenniferCadkin

@Ariggs  Copy templates is available for all template types:  Feature Template, Table Template, Group Template, and Preset Template.