Select to view content in your preferred language

Have ArcGIS Pro establish Database Connections to the database the data is coming from in ArcMap when you are importing an MXD into ArcGIS Pro

09-18-2017 10:51 AM
Labels (1)
Greg_Mattis
Occasional Contributor II

I have been working on trying to migrate some of our basic mapping and data editing workflows over to ArcGIS Pro but it is frustrating when I am importing in the existing MXD that I have been building these maps or have been editing in and while is shows the data, it doesn't build the database connection to the SDE Geodatabase that I am working with in this ArcGIS Pro Project resulting in me having to insert the database connection myself which one would assume would have been brought in when I imported my ArcMap Document into ArcGIS Pro. 

2 Comments
KristofferLaw2

I suppose a running list of DB connections might get long after a while in some extreme cases (where you have a huge list of SDE connections) but for 99.99 percent it would be beneficial.

KoryKramer

I recently wrote this blog about an easy way to migrate ArcGIS Desktop connections to ArcGIS Pro: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/data-management/migrate-folder-database-and-ser...