Select to view content in your preferred language

Have an option to perform geoprocessing tools without using data owner credentials

04-04-2024 02:05 PM
Labels (1)
Keith_Darby
Regular Contributor

There are some geoprocessing tools that requires the data owner credentials. I would like to see in future releases that this requirement be optional. Right now, it is causing some of our users to run into geoprocessing errors where they don't have these credentials. Also, it gives more flexibility for beta testing on new workflows within ArcGIS Pro.

4 Comments
SSWoodward
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Thanks for the Idea @Keith_Darby 

Could you give us a more specific example of what tool you're running into this issue with so we can understand how it might be addressed?

Keith_Darby

Right now it is the truncate tool. This is becoming an issue with enterprise geodatabases that are hosted on SQL server.

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Open

AJR
by

I'm not sure this is a great idea.  There are db level differences between delete and truncate which is why you need to connect as the data owner to truncate the table.  I suppose if at the db level the connected user was allowed to truncate then having that permission percolate up through the gp framework would be useful.