Select to view content in your preferred language

GP tool to flag rows with invalid domain values

06-24-2022 04:52 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

I want to set up a scheduled task on a server that emails me in this scenario:
There are rows in a table that have values that don’t match the table’s domains/subtype.

Could a geoprocessing tool be added to ArcGIS Pro that lets me easily identify the invalid rows? Thanks.

3 Comments
DuncanHornby

@Bud This is not a solution to your idea of being able to automate domain validation but I discovered this way to find all that are invalid features using the Attribute Panel.

This is a suggestion but may be you can explore the Data Reviewer (I have never used it), that offers all sorts of tools for reviewing data quality in an automated way?

KoryKramer

@Bud I got word from @JayCary on our Data Reviewer team that, like Duncan thought, this idea can currently be implemented using Data Reviewer’s Domain check configured as a validation attribute rule (triggering the evaluation on a schedule (notebook server?) can be done using the Evaluate Rules GP tool).

Bud
by

Thanks @DuncanHornby and @KoryKramer.

For our notes:
If I understand correctly, it's possible to do it indirectly if we have a validation attribute rule on the table.
But if we don't have a validation attribute rule, then there isn't a GP tool that can directly flag rows with invalid domain values.