Geo coding | DO NOT change the Field Names in conversion

12-30-2021 09:55 AM
Labels (1)
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

This task takes much longer than it should, and I'm asking that Esri change the conversion code so that MY Field Names stay the same. Right now, all the Field Names change to USER_[My Field Name], which means that I must reconnect every field when I append.

Thank you in advance for making this a reality!

Tags (1)
13 Comments
ShanaBritt

@jzcgis ,

Is the Minimal Output Fields option in the Geocode Addresses or Geocode Table tools not working for your workflow? You need to have ArcGIS Pro 2.7 or later, a locator created with the Create Locator tool or Create Feature locator tool and if its a service it needs to be on Enterprise 10.9.

The note at the top of the following topic describes what is added to the geocode result and the fields that are returned with the various Output Fields parameter option. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/what-is-included-in-the-geocoded-result...

If you are wanting to rematch your unmatched results with a different locator, that option is available in the Rematch Addresses pane, where you can change the locator as well as some geocoding options like score and categories. See the 'Match with new locator' section in https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/rematch-locations-converted-from-a-tabl...

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

-Shana

jlchamber

This is still an issue even when "minimal" is selected for outputs. Is this still being looked into to change? Another person doing a merge of multiple geocoded tables and this would make the merge much much smoother.

Thank you!

ShanaBritt

@jlchamber Based on the following description, what about the fields that are returned presents a problem for you? Does 'Location Only' work for your workflow?

"Minimal returns following fields that describe the location and how well it matches information in the locator in the geocode results: ShapeStatusScoreMatch_typeMatch_addr, and Addr_type. The original field names from the input address table are maintained."

Location Only returns the Shape field plus the original field names from the input address table.

-Shana