Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Counts in Legend - Extend Functionality

06-15-2022 02:53 PM
Labels (1)
AlexZhuk
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to have a richer functionality for the legend's Feature Counts option. Instead of posting just a simple number in parentheses next to a legend entry, why don't we add some math functionality or even perhaps q definition query, similar to what we have in labels?

In my case particular case, in a weekly report map, I need to add to the ever changing number of points in my layer a constant 218 more. Of course, I can do it manually, but I think it should be simple enough to add as a standard feature.

Tags (2)
2 Comments
ABeech
by

I'm an infrequent user of ArcGIS so I'm not sure my request is the same as the one here.

In ArcGIS, can it be possible to have a feature count in brackets [eg. Schools (24) ] next to each feature class/layer in the Contents pane. I use another GIS software which has this feature and it is very useful to know how many features you have displayed in the map view for each different feature class/layer.

RanelSuurna1

I`m totally agree, feature counts labeling must be automatically embedded into TOC window, too! Basically we can easily see the counts under Symbology, but this must be automatically synchronized with TOC:

TOC.png