Select to view content in your preferred language

Expression Builder: Vertically resize sections

03-04-2022 02:36 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

In the Expression Builder window:

It would help if we could vertically resize sections — so that the Expression section could be made bigger.

Bud_0-1646433203696.png

Edit:

It's handy that we can double-click the "Expression Builder" title to maximize the entire window.
In addition to that, we want to make the Expression section bigger so that we can see more of our Arcade code.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
9 Comments
wayfaringrob

Yeah, this is cramped & really hard to work inside. I'd really like those top two boxes to be resizable, too. A pop-out interface like the online Arcade editor wouldn't be bad, either. You get tons of space online.

rburkebsrc_0-1658262909808.png

CraigWilliams
Status changed to: Under Consideration

The control is nested in quite a few places in ArcGIS Pro and for short expressions the compact nature is nice. We understand this is less than ideal for larger expressions.

Would the ability to pop out a larger experience similar to the Online editor from the small one solve your concerns?

wayfaringrob

@CraigWilliams  I would be a fan of that. That might actually be better than a resizable pane, since then you'd still be having to move the pane around/put it back when you're done. A pop-out could remember its position, size, and settings.

Bud
by

Could someone provide a screenshot of "the ability to pop out a larger experience similar to the Online editor"?

I don't really use ArcGIS Online, so I don't think I know what that looks like.

wayfaringrob

Hey @Bud  - you can check out & test the Arcade editor used across AGO here: https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/playground/

Change the default profile to something like field calculation or labeling to get a sense of how it presents different variables. Ctrl+, reveals options (notably: word wrap).

Bud
by

@wayfaringrob Thanks, although I don't really understand how that helps me visualize what a popup would look like in Pro.

wayfaringrob

@Bud  you mentioned that you don't use AGO and didn't know what the editor looked like ... so that's the editor. Picture that in Pro in place of the interface you originally shared.

Anne-MarieDubois

OH MYG GOD YES! It's particularly needed for the calculate value tools. What is this ONE LINE ONLY size?? It drives me crazy...

AnneMarieDubois_0-1707933686694.png

Bud
by