Select to view content in your preferred language

Explore tool should be in the top-most menu of ArcGIS Pro

06-02-2016 11:29 PM
Labels (1)
MantasButrimavičius1
Occasional Contributor II

It is very inconvenient to select Navigate tool in ArcGIS Pro. It is placed in the MAP tab under Navigate group:

Thus, for instance, then I have to navigate in a 3D scene while editing it, I need to repeatedly go back to the MAP tab to select Navigate tool. I think, this tool should be moved to the top-most menu (near Save project button).

12 Comments
KoryKramer

As we're on the topic, there is the idea of Pro: Keyboard shortcuts poster (Enhancement)‌ Since there are so many...

Use ArcGIS Pro with a keyboard—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Keyboard shortcuts for navigation—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Keyboard shortcuts in the Contents pane—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Keyboard shortcuts for exploratory analysis—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Keyboard shortcuts for working with tables—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Keyboard shortcuts for editing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Keyboard shortcuts for working on the layout—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop ...

we were thinking that a single poster might be less useful than taking a "modularized" approach where we have a smaller "poster" for each topic.  That way as a user you can pick and choose which are most useful to you and print to pin up at your workstation.  Would that work?

AndrewQuee

That would be lovely, thanks.  Back in the day (9? 10?) there was a single page summary and a cute brochure that was packaged with the install DVDs.  This one, I think.

I kind of prefer it all in one place, but there's so many shortcuts now (as you've shown) that perhaps it's better if they are sectioned into parts for digestibility.  The online help works okay to discover them, all being indexed from your first link "Use ArcGIS Pro with a keyboard".

The only thing I would add to that is have a 'related topics' section or keyword tagging at the bottom of the page so you can flow from topic to the other.