Esri Support Site — Email notifications about bug report status changes

09-22-2023 08:43 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

There doesn't seem to be a way for me to sign up for email updates about bug report changes on the Esri Support Site (bugs that weren't submitted by me) .

Example: https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/registering-with-an-arcgis-enterprise-geodatabase-does-bug-000134...

I can't follow bugs using MyEsri since I'm not in I.T. and my organization is not interested in linking my account to the corporate account.

Could functionality be added to the Esri Support Site so that I can easily sign up for email updates about changes to the status of bugs? 

5 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

Hi @Bud While I understand what you're asking for and appreciate its importance, this is not an idea for ArcGIS Pro. I'd recommend providing your feedback through the technical support site:

KoryKramer_0-1695398875601.png

Bud
by

@KoryKramer 
Oh, right, I forgot that the Feedback button is visible to other people under normal circumstances.

I don't normally see it:

Bud_0-1695401835094.png

Bud_1-1695401898173.png

But if I use an incognito window, then I see it.

Bud_0-1695402139415.png

This issue was discussed with @ChristianWells a few months ago. But I can't recall where (a post or private message?).

Edit:

Found it: https://community.esri.com/t5/community-feedback/submit-an-idea-about-esri-com-gt-search-gt-support/...

I also sent an email to the Support Feedback email address on April 5, 2023 too.

ChristianWells

Thanks @Bud, I recall our chat on this. Just thinking of some possible troubleshooting, do you have any browser extensions like ad blockers that might be preventing the tab from showing? Does it happen in all browsers?

Adding @AndrewMunn for awareness and any ideas on why it may be occurring. 

Bud
by

@ChristianWells and @AndrewMunn:

I don't have any browser extensions.

And it happens on my iPad/Safari too:

Bud_0-1695413216848.png

It seems to be a problem with browser cookies. If I clear the cookies in Chrome/Desktop or Safari/iPad, and refresh the page, the Feedback button shows up.

But as mentioned, I was having this problem back in April, too. I've cleared my cookies many times since then, and I still had the problem today. So it doesn't seem to be a one-time issue.

Bud
by

For our notes:

The Feedback button has disappeared for me again in Chrome/Desktop/Windows 10.

The button reappears when I clear the cookies.