Select to view content in your preferred language

Don't close attribute table when modifying query layer using Make Query Layer GP tool

04-11-2023 07:05 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8; Oracle 18c 10.7.1 EGDB

When I use the Query Layer properties —> Edit Query Layer dialog to modify a query layer, the attribute table of the layer stays open, which is good.

But when I use the Make Query Layer geoprocessing tool to modify a query layer, the attribute table gets automatically closed.

Video:

I use the Make Query Layer GP to rapidly test SQL queries in a query layer. But the automatic closure of the attribute table after each SQL change makes it cumbersome to do testing.

Could the Make Query Layer GP tool be changed so that it doesn't automatically close the attribute table when updating an existing query layer?

3 Comments
KoryKramer

@Bud How do you have 'Remove layers that reference data overwritten by geoprocessing tools' set? 

KoryKramer_0-1681392563268.png

I'm not sure if updating the query layer through geoprocessing counts as an overwrite, or what the result would be but what happens if you do your workflow with that unchecked? (Because the "attribute table disappearing" is just happening because the table layer is being removed and the new one added back, meaning you have to re-open that new table layer's table.)

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/basics/geoprocessing-options.ht... 

Bud
by

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8

Hi @KoryKramer. Good question. I tested the 'Remove layers that reference data overwritten by geoprocessing tools' setting just now. But it doesn't seem to have an effect in this case. The attribute table of the query layer gets closed regardless if the setting is enabled or not.

Video:

Thanks.

KoryKramer

OK, was just a thought - too bad it didn't help.