Default to Select Tool after editing and Always

05-26-2023 01:34 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm using 3.1.1. I have this setting changed to default to the Select Tool, as shown below. Here's my workflow - using the Select Arrow  AndreaB_1-1685133143753.png 

I select a polygon. Then I click on Map ribbon - Select By Location - put in parameters, hit Ok.

Bam, I'm back to the Explore tool.

I'm not using an Edit tool that I have to close manually to trigger the Select Arrow as default.

I would like my default tool to be the Select Arrow. Always. I don't use the Explore Tool. It's slow and cumbersome. 

Thank you!

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/productivity-options-for-editing.htm  

AndreaB_0-1685132795730.png

Tags (2)
3 Comments
KoryKramer

@Anonymous User something that you could do for now is just set accelerators for Select (S) and Explore (E) - though since you don't use Explore, I guess just set the selection tool you want to S.

That at least should make it really fast to enable that without having to go to the ribbon, etc.

by Anonymous User

@KoryKramer  Thank you. I have set this now and I will try it as a work around. It will take some time though as I've not been great at using accelerators for any software. Thanks for the idea.

AndreaB_

OP here, re-subscribing with new Community User name.