Data driven: how to set the “page orientation” for each feature in the “data driven pages” option?

02-23-2012 03:07 PM
Labels (1)
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Data driven: how to set the “page orientation” for each feature in the “data driven pages” option?

I’m wondering if there is a way to assign the orientation of the page (portrait or landscape) when using the “data driven pages”.

For example, in the attached screenshot, what I need is to print all the features (governorates) in a landscape orientation except the “Tulkarm” and “Jericho” features (they are required to be printed in a portrait orientation). Please, have a look on the screenshots below:

then how can I set the “page orientation” for each feature along with the “data driven page” option?

In this sense, the “Ramallah” feature should have the “landscape” orientation while the “Tulkarm” should have “portrait” orientation.

Is that possible? is this worth to be suggested?

Thank you for the help in advance,

Best

Jamal

0EM30000000CxDg

0EM30000000CxDh

0EM30000000CxDl

2 Comments
ChrisMathers
On the DDP setup window you have the option to set the Rotation field. If you add a field to your feature class with most of the values set to 0 and the Tulkarm and Jericho features have a value of 90. This would rotate the data to portrait. If you need the actual layout to change you will have to use a python script. The arcpy.mapping functions will let you change the layout as you export the maps. Arcmap cant do more than one layout or have data driven pages automatically make layout changes.
KoryKramer