Select to view content in your preferred language

Command search should work when clicked

11-29-2022 09:06 AM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Honored Contributor

About every other time I go to use it, Command Search will gray itself out and I have to wait for my cursor to stop spinning/the application buttons to become active again.

rburke_0-1669741351732.png

I have no idea what this is about, but I've tried a fresh install and the problem just comes back. I've also noticed that when it's collapsed into a magnifying glass, it requires two clicks to work - you have to click once to open it, and again to start typing. It would make a lot more sense if I could just click and start searching consistently. There doesn't seem to be any reason as to when it collapses into a magnifying glass and when it stays open; there is room in my maximized window for it to stay open, but it goes back and forth. I would prefer if it would just stay in its collapsed icon until clicked, and stayed in one spot aligned right.

1 Comment
wayfaringrob

Even in Pro 3.1.1, even when it doesn't gray out, I've noticed that more often than not, the cursor will blink for a second and then stop at which point the 'Command Search' text brightens and typing is not permitted, all while the suggestions remain on screen.

Ready to type:

rburke_1-1684788781164.png

Deactivated:

rburke_0-1684788764432.png

It seems like it may be related to mouse movement after clicking but I can't tell.