Batch pop up configuration

07-14-2021 12:59 PM
Labels (1)
n_nel
by
New Contributor II

I would like to see a functionality where the same pop up configuration can be applied in batch to all the layers in a map. I often work with large datasets wherein all the layers have the same fields. Currently, when creating a map, I copy and paste the pop up configuration (HTML formatting and expressions) to each of the layers. This works, but it is incredibly time consuming and difficult to make quick changes to the pop up as this copy/paste process has to be repeated. It would be useful to configure the pop up once and then use a tool to apply this configuration (and subsequent changes) to all the layers (or specified layers) in the map simultaneously.

3 Comments
CarsonG

Is there a way to configure pop-ups for multiple layers at the same time? After adding GNSS fields to data, there are some fields that I would like to be displayed in Field Maps and some that I do not. I have 60+ point layers this is applicable too. It would be nice to be able to configure them all at once.

dhochhal

It would be nice to even copy expressions from one layer to another. I often copy the arcade to a text file then copy and paste from there to the expression in another layer. I still have to manually create the expression and name it in the other layer first. Would be nice to pick a few layers and send the expressions to them.

SeaRM
by

You can try to use the XTools Pro Copy Properties tool. It allows you to copy pop-ups configuration between layers.

https://help.xtools.pro/agp/23.1/en/XTools_Pro_Components/Copy_Layer_Properties.htm