ArcGIS Pro: choose default edit tool when pasting features

08-10-2020 01:19 PM
Labels (1)
HeatherStudley1
New Contributor III

In ArcGIS Pro when a copied feature is pasted as a new feature Pro automatically opens an edit toolbar.  Previous to 2.6 the toolbar chosen seemed to be whatever edit tool had been used last, but in 2.6 (at least for me) it always opens the Move tool (which is one of my least used tools).  It'd be nice if there was a setting to either turn off automatically opening an edit tool or at least choose which tool was opened.

13 Comments
JeffreyKuster

It seams this did not make it into the 2.9 release or it is in a different place then shown above on 07-13-2021 09:50 AM post.  Also the link above just circles back to this discussion.

KoryKramer

Hi @JeffreyKuster This idea was primarily focused on the behavior that was put in place to automatically activate the Move tool after paste.

From the original description "Previous to 2.6 the toolbar chosen seemed to be whatever edit tool had been used last, but in 2.6 (at least for me) it always opens the Move tool (which is one of my least used tools)."

In response to this, at 2.9 the option to disable that behavior was added.

KoryKramer_0-1647519816214.png

Can you describe your workflow?

JeffreyKuster

I see now that this was the issue and had this checked to activate the move tool.  I would suggest that maybe there be more options to make other tools default to better fit workflows.