Allow sorting on any field in Table Frames

11-30-2018 01:39 PM
Labels (1)
KateNewell1
Occasional Contributor II

Right now, you can only sort your Table Frame based on the fields you are showing in your layout.  It would be nice to be able to sort the data "behind the scenes" on any field, not just the ones that you are displaying in the layout.

7 Comments
MattEitrem

Using version 2.7, I just found that a sort cannot be done on a field of a joined table in the table view for a table that is joined based on a relationship class. So, based on your post the joined table has to be added to the project independently in order for the sort capability to work? 

SarahHartholt

As a work around you can have the sort field turned on in the contents pane, open the Format Table Frame Field pane (right click the sort field -> properties), under Appearance make sure that the Auto Width box is unchecked and type 0.0001in into the box. The column is so thin in the table that it doesn't seem to appear in your layout.

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Under Consideration

JordanSeider

Highly request this feature @AubriKinghorn! I am on ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and would love to not have to change column width/font colours.

KoryKramer

Thank you for the comment @JordanSeider  I took a look and it doesn't appear that you added your kudos to the idea. While comments are important, kudos (the number of votes) that an idea receives is one of the primary pieces of data that we use to determine traction and trends as we monitor idea activity over time.

Please see https://community.esri.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/arcgis-ideas for a high level overview of how ArcGIS Ideas works. For more details, see Frequently Asked Questions about ArcGIS Ideas 

Thank you for your participation in the community and for helping us prioritize future development efforts for ArcGIS Pro.

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: In Product Plan

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.