Select to view content in your preferred language

Add scroll bars to map view

03-27-2023 05:04 AM
Labels (1)
AndrewZimba1
New Contributor III

Please add scroll bars to Pro Map views like came standard in ArcMap.  They are very handy when editing across zoomed views that require panning without having to use click-intensive navigators or keyboard shortcuts.  Make then hideable so if folks decide they do not want them they are easy to remove, but if people want to use them they are there.  Options are good!

re: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/map-scroll-bars/m-p/1256685#M65312

5 Comments
HilaryBrowning2

Adding my voice of support to this idea. These scroll bars are very useful for editing workflows and it is a loss that they were not included in Pro.

MarshallDean

I wholeheartedly agree, we need scroll bars in Pro.  I use them all the time in ArcMap as a quick way to move the map screen.  I did discover that the Page Up, Page Down, Home and End keyboard buttons will move the map quickly up, down, left, and right, respectively.  However, I would rather do it with my mouse and a quick click on a scroll bar - every mouse option in Pro is super slow!  ESRI, are you listening?  We need scroll bars, please!

DebbieH

Yes, this is REALLY important - when Editing, I don't want to stop Editing to Pan. Using the map wheel to zoom in and out to get to where I want to go during Editing is not ideal. Map scroll bars are really important for navigating while Editing. Please please please add.

JaredGeiger

Commenting here for visibility.

I would also like to add that in Arc Map there were the Page Down, Left, Right, and Up commands (they look like fast forward and rewind buttons when added to a toolbar). These differ in an important way from the way that Home, End, Pg Up, and Pg Down function in ArcGIS Pro: they do not pan over entirely. This means that there is some overlap between the views when you pan. This is key since my work involves a very thorough review of satellite imagery.  

hce_rtoelke

Scroll bars were a good way of navigating without holding a mouse button down while moving it.
As someone who wears a carpal tunnel brace, this was HUGE.
Now they're gone. Navigation in Pro seems to be much more hold-and-move intensive than in the past with ArcMap.
We've been testing out some Pro stuff in a kind of "sandbox" the last few weeks, getting ready for the transition from Map to Pro.
Lemme tell ya, my wrist is screaming at me.