How to report a bug in ArcGIS Pro

06-18-2015 09:57 AM

How to report a bug in ArcGIS Pro

To log bugs for ArcGIS Pro, please Contact Tech Support. You can do this by submitting a web form, or speaking/ chatting directly with one of our Support staff.

If you would like to share an idea with us about functionality you would like to see in a future release of ArcGIS Pro, please search the ArcGIS Pro idea exchange to see if other community members are looking for the same thing.  If so, add your support for the idea by giving it kudos, and optionally, add your specific use case as a comment.  If you can't find an existing idea, submit a new one for the community to vote on. 

Ideas for other products should go to their dedicated idea exchanges.  See the ArcGIS Ideas home page for all exchanges.

Comments
Anonymous User

Hi,

there's a critical error when using the trace tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.0. I've been using it in different polygons and the application stops working and shuts down. Is there any way to report bug properly? I don't have access to this functionality.

Thanks

Vir

Hi,

Can you access this web page?

https://support.esri.com/en/report-bug

Anonymous User

Hi Tim,

yes, I could and I submitted the bug already.

Many Thanks

Virginia

I just upgraded to PRO 2.7.  The "Ctrl F" function to find a single entry in an attribute table column seems to have vanished.  

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

I'm a student working with the GIS Basics tutorial on Pro 2.8. I'm in Part 4 where I try using ArcGIS online. It wants me to open ParkLocations.csv as a layer in Map Viewer Classic, but whenever I try it says that no locations could be found. What the heck is up with this? I'm adding the file they told me to download and add, but it just isn't working. I'm doing everything by the letter.

-Kiernan @ Western Washington University 

Hi Kiernan,

Best way for you to get help on this: at the top of the web page in your course, click the help link and fill out the Esri Training Support Request form.

Tim

ts-request.png

Hi Kiernan, the data for that exercise has two files with the same name...but one ends in XML (it's the metadata file). Could it be that you accidentally chose that file instead of the CSV file?

Hi Suzanne,

I swore I clicked the csv file. I’ll try doing that tutorial again today to make sure.

Thanks,

-Kiernan

@DavidDamian I am not able to reproduce the issue you reference in testing on Pro 2.7 or more recent releases.  If the issue persists please reach out to Esri Support to investigate this issue.

- Jon

Only users in United States can log bugs apparently.  I've found a repeatable critical bug in 3.0.2 that causes ArcGIS Pro to crash in the Python window but I have to fill out a bunch of forms for a "Support Request" because I'm in Canada and that's a real pain.
Declare an empty/any string variable, e.g. 

foo=""
Don't hit return

Tap left arrow, e.g. to change variable name from foo.
cursor pauses at the first " and then the application crashes every time.

@GarretDuffy sorry to hear you're running into a crash. I tried the steps you provided on 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 and do not get a crash. 

Did you submit the error report along with your email address? We could at least look at the dump file generated by the crash if you give me your email so I can look it up.

I looked in our support system and it appears that you should be able to open a case with Esri Canada Technical Support. Have you tried calling?

KoryKramer_0-1665759379988.png

Hi Kory,

Thanks for the reply.  The application crashes without prompting to store dumpfile.  Where would I find it in this instance?
Update: I checked 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports

And there was nothing recent

Thanks, Garret

OK, I've found the error log in Event Viewer.  It seems to be related to .NET Runtime 6.0.10

Hi, I tried near table tool in arcPro(3.1.0). I observed if the source of the feature layer is local, it is not giving correct result. But if the same data is published in portal and then used as a input layer, it's giving the correct result.

Please look into the bug.

Thanks.

Version history
Last update:
‎08-26-2021 08:13 AM
Updated by: