ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 is now available

11-29-2022 01:31 PM

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 is now available

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 is available for download from My Esri as well as through the software update in Pro (if update notifications are enabled).

While still an update, ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 is a complete release of the ArcGIS Pro 3.0.x version of the software encompassing, 3.0, 3.0.1, and 3.0.2.  ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 is primarily a security release, and a complete release was necessary to continue to reinforce the software.  ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 addresses recently reported security vulnerabilities in OpenSSL v3, as well as an issue reported in the third-party Curl library.  With this update, we are also taking the opportunity to remove several third-party C++ runtime libraries that are no longer supported, as well as removing any remaining references to log4j.  This update also addresses several focused software issues including some regressions. 

We strongly encourage our Pro 3.0.x users to update to 3.0.3. For more information about our commitment to software security please visit the ArcGIS Trust Center, and for more information about the release please see the release notes.

Note: ArcGIS Pro 3.0 does not need to be installed prior to installing ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3.  ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 is cumulative, comprised of 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, and additional updates. It replaces the previous 3.0.x versions and is the new baseline for any future 3.0.x patches.

When upgrading from ArcGIS Pro 2.x, customers should review and understand the following documentation before moving to 3.0.3:

Get Ready for ArcGIS Pro 3.0

Migration from ArcGIS Pro 2.x to 3.0

Comments

before people start asking... what about the clones?

any changes/impacts to arcpy/arcgisscripting and the arcgis module?

Big FYI

Don't install the update if you use Spyder in one of your clones.

• Did a complete reinstall of Pro up to 3.0.2, the last update not 3.0.3!
  • remade my clone(s), spyder version from esri's anaconda channel is old and has issues so don't use
  • pip install spyder will install spyder 5.4 which works with arcpy/arcgisscripting and tools in arctoolbox.
  • no clue about notebooks,

@KoryKramer might want to FYI those in the know, I haven't got the time now to track down the issue.

Do I understand correctly, ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 is not available as a patch but only as a full installation package?

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 is available for download from My Esri as well as through the software update in Pro (if update notifications are enabled).

PS: Updates through software update in Pro are categorically only available for Named User License - maybe other users are puzzled too why the button "Download Now" is greyed out.

Pro has a requirement for Microsoft .NET

Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 - Windows x64

Can ArcGIS Pro function with .NET Desktop 6.0.11, or 6.0.12, or even 7.0.1 (13 Dec. 22 release)?

@GaryHallbauer 

Pro should run on a minimum of .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 - Windows x64 as you've cited from the System Requirements

It will not run if only .NET 7.x.x is installed on the machine. However, I believe you should be able to have both .NET 6.0.5+ and .NET 7 on a machine and it should be fine.

@DanPatterson I can't speak with any authority to other impacts, but it looks like existing clones will use the updated OpenSSL v3 due to the Pro/bin path being in the %PATH% before the cloned environment path. I do not recall if the Pro/bin path was first in the %PATH% before this patch. But I liked that this meant that I did not need to re-created cloned environments to pickup the updated ssl.OPENSSL_VERSION.

My version still has log4j in this and other folders C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\java\runtime\spark\jars

Is this an artifact from in incomplete upgrade?

@FionaRenton1 I believe the log4j you are speaking of is bundled with Apache Spark. Per ArcGIS and Apache Log4j Vulnerabilities (esri.com), you should see version 2.17.1 or later with Pro 3.0, which is what I see in my install. If you see an earlier version, I would agree that it's likely an artifact from a previous version.

@FionaRenton1 

JeffreyHolycross is correct. I checked internally here and the presence of log4j files in and of itself is not problematic. The version is important and the versions included in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 are not susceptible to last year's CVE. You can go to https://www.esri.com/en-us/legal/requirements/open-source-acknowledgements and look at the 'ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 Open Source Disclosure' document for more details.

@KoryKramer Thanks. I had to open a ticket so that our ISO were OK with this.

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 requires the 64-bit Windows 10 .Net Framework 6.0 DESKTOP Runtime to run. The regular .Net 6.0 runtime (x64) often used in Visual Studio development is not sufficient. Current version of .Net 6 is 6.0.13 and runs without issue.

I am having trouble creating street address locators with ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3. I am creating a locator for each state in the U.S. Some states need over 128GB of RAM, for locator creation. Some states take one or two days, for locator creation. Creating street address locators with ArcMap ran much faster, and used much less RAM. Does anyone have suggestions for how to improve the performance of street address locator creation using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3. When I created street address locators for each state using ArcGIS Pro 3.0, the performance was not quite as bad.

When I attempt to create a street address locator for MO, using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3, it runs for almost 5 hours, and then raises this: ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.

I have tried this 6 times, and keep getting the same error. This worked 6 months ago, when I was using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.

Version history
Last update:
‎11-30-2022 10:26 AM
Updated by:
Contributors