Parcel Fabric User Type

Jump to solution
09-01-2020 11:24 AM
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor II

How to I get the Parcel Fabric user type extension?  I have advanced, concurrent use licensing for Pro, thus I do not have user types.  I am a "Creator" user type in my Portal, but I am advanced licensee user of Pro.  I have published my fabric, added it to my map, but cannot edit it.

Customer service is trying to get me to convert my Concurrent Use to Enterprise.  That does not seem right.  I have been able to do multi-user editing for years with the ArcMap Fabric, but now I don't have enough licensing for a Pro Fabric?  I have Enterprise Advanced, Pro Advanced, but now am being told I also need Parcel Fabric user type.

Amir Bar-Maor‌ Do you have any insights on my licensing issues? Esri Case #02623748

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamiePetersen
By default, when you purchase ArcGIS Desktop, the Creator User Type and your ArcGIS Pro license will be provisioned to your ArcGIS Online account. 

These were purchased long before ArcGIS Online, so lets just assume that my Creator User Types were provisioned to ArcGIS Online sometime around 2013ish. 

If the ArcGIS Desktop Creator User Type was provisioned to your ArcGIS Online subscription, you will need to call customer service to move your Creator User Type license from ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Enterprise. 

If someone would have told me back in 2013 that I needed to save one of the Creator User Types and not assign it to an ArcGIS Online user because I will need it in 2020 for editing parcels, then maybe this would be feasible, but that is completely unrealistic expectation.  However, Parcel Fabric User Type wasn't a thing then, and all of my Creator User Types have been assigned.  This has never been a problem until right now with 10.8 Parcel Fabric User Type.

Here is the solution: customers with concurrent-use licensing, who also have Enterprise Advanced, should provisioned 1 Parcel Fabric User Extension to their Portal for each concurrent use license seat.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanielStone
Esri Contributor

Good day Jamie, 

You DO NOT have to convert your concurrent desktop license to the Enterprise.   However, you do need to have your User Types in the Enterprise.  ArcGIS Desktop Standard and ArcGIS Desktop Advanced include the Parcel Fabric User Type extension that can be used with the Creator User Type when the Creator User Type is provisioned to ArcGIS Enterprise. 

By default, when you purchase ArcGIS Desktop, the Creator User Type and your ArcGIS Pro license will be provisioned to your ArcGIS Online account.  However, you have the option, at time of purchase, to request that the Creator User Type (with the ArcGIS Pro license) be provisioned to ArcGIS Enterprise (assuming you have an ArcGIS Enterprise license).

If the ArcGIS Desktop Creator User Type was provisioned to your ArcGIS Online subscription, you will need to call customer service to move your Creator User Type license from ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Enterprise.  When Customer Services moves the Creator User Type license, the Parcel Fabric User Type extension will also be provisioned, with the Creator User Type license, to ArcGIS Enterprise.

I will let the analyst handling your case know. 

JamiePetersen

That does not help me, but I do thank you for the reply.  I cannot move any users from AGOL to Enterprise because all of those users have been allocated already (and have been for years).  After multi-user editing the parcel fabric since 2013, my licensing is no longer sufficient for that task.

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Same with us. All of our AGO users are assigned. I have to kick people off to move some to Enterprise, where we have plenty of named users we aren't using, just to be able to keep on maintaining our parcels. It would be nice if I could use those unused Enterprise named users that I've already paid for or be able to move those to AGO to make up for the loss.

0 Kudos
JamiePetersen
By default, when you purchase ArcGIS Desktop, the Creator User Type and your ArcGIS Pro license will be provisioned to your ArcGIS Online account. 

These were purchased long before ArcGIS Online, so lets just assume that my Creator User Types were provisioned to ArcGIS Online sometime around 2013ish. 

If the ArcGIS Desktop Creator User Type was provisioned to your ArcGIS Online subscription, you will need to call customer service to move your Creator User Type license from ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Enterprise. 

If someone would have told me back in 2013 that I needed to save one of the Creator User Types and not assign it to an ArcGIS Online user because I will need it in 2020 for editing parcels, then maybe this would be feasible, but that is completely unrealistic expectation.  However, Parcel Fabric User Type wasn't a thing then, and all of my Creator User Types have been assigned.  This has never been a problem until right now with 10.8 Parcel Fabric User Type.

Here is the solution: customers with concurrent-use licensing, who also have Enterprise Advanced, should provisioned 1 Parcel Fabric User Extension to their Portal for each concurrent use license seat.

ThomasKonzel
Occasional Contributor

I concur with Jamie Petersen‌ comment below.

JamiePetersen

I have been told that I will need to pay, including annual maintenance, for each Parcel Fabric User Type for every editor in my organization in order to use the Enterprise deployment for Pro Fabric.

My organization has been using multi-user fabric editing from the beginning of the parcel fabric (2013).  Now there is a new edition and a new fee along with it.  As an organization who has endured, and the nicest word I can use, the original fabric, to have to pay to use it going forward is puzzling, unexpected, and not fair.