Migrating COGO attributes from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
02-22-2021 10:48 AM
LinR
by
New Contributor

Hello,
I appreciate any help on this issue. We are in the process of migrating the editing environment from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro and preparing for Parcel Fabric down in the road. I am having trouble in converting the COGO line data to be used in ArcGIS Pro. My goal is to keep the COGO information as much as possible with the conversion from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro. I have tried the MigrateCOGO_ToArcGIS_Pro tool that was published by Parcel Fabric team but no success so far. The tool ran successfully but never generated any result.

The below image show the fields and formats of COGO attributes in ArcMap.

LinR_2-1614018440275.png

LinR_1-1614018202815.png

I have exported a COGO template to be used in ArcGIS Pro as shown below.

LinR_0-1614018147014.png

If anyone knows why the MigrateCOGO_ToArcGIS_Pro tool is not working, I appreciate the suggestions.

Also, if anyone who has done the conversion manually, I would appreciate the advice in mapping the fields and formats of attributes to be stored in ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hello again!

I wasn't able to reproduce the quick completion that you did, however mine did error real quickly.  I fixed that error and re-ran the tool and it successfully ran against your sample. I've re-published the tool with the fix https://parcel.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=72066dab7b774ca59b649bf807cc9945

Could you re-download the tool and run it again on both your sample data and your full dataset and let me know the results.

Hope that fixes your issue!

-Jason

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hello @LinR 

I am the one who wrote the Migrate COGO tool.

The tool creates a new feature class with the migrated data.  Are you saying that feature class does not get created? 

Can you send some screenshots of the entire tool after it's successful run?

Thanks,
Jason Camerano

0 Kudos
LinR
by
New Contributor

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the immediate response and help on this. I am glad to be able to reach you. Yes, it doesn't create a feature class after I ran the tool.

Here are the screenshots:

LinR_0-1614021943625.png

LinR_1-1614022012614.png

0 Kudos
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Given the fact that it took 1second to run, it looks like nothing was created.  How many lines are in your line feature class?  Would you be able to send me a sample of it?  jcamerano@esri.com

0 Kudos
LinR
by
New Contributor

I have 267,331 lines for the complete dataset. Here is a set of sample data.

Thanks,

Lin

0 Kudos
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Hello again!

I wasn't able to reproduce the quick completion that you did, however mine did error real quickly.  I fixed that error and re-ran the tool and it successfully ran against your sample. I've re-published the tool with the fix https://parcel.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=72066dab7b774ca59b649bf807cc9945

Could you re-download the tool and run it again on both your sample data and your full dataset and let me know the results.

Hope that fixes your issue!

-Jason

0 Kudos
LinR
by
New Contributor

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for working on it and fixed the error in the tool. I really appreciate your help.

I still wasn't able to run the tool and generate a new feature class on my machine in ArcGIS Pro but my co-worker was able to run the tool successfully. In the end, we have migrated the COGO template successfully into ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks again for the help!

Lin

0 Kudos
JasonCamerano
Esri Contributor

Great!

Glad to hear you were able to get it to work.  Odd that it still wasn't working on your machine.  Sadly I wasn't able to reproduce that issue in house.  If it still is an issue you might want to contact Tech Support. 

Thanks again for letting me know of the issue with the script.

-Jason

0 Kudos