Drawing polygon - Line segment to curve

05-22-2018 08:21 AM
GregRumpel1
New Contributor

Good Day all...

I am new to Pro, just starting to work with it on a daily basis in my job with the City of Windsor.

In my job I take care of all Parcel Mapping for the City...Severance, Consolidations etc.

I have been drawing parcels in ArcMap for the last year or so...all self taught and to that point I have been able to draw going from a line segment to a curve using (End Point Arc Segment) back to line segment...to finish off the polygon(Parcel)I am drawing.

I have found this to be difficult in Pro, actually I cannot do the same routine in Pro.

I pick the (End Point Arc Segment) and enter bearing/distance just like in ArcMap..but in Pro instead of showing a curve...it draws a line segment....puzzling. I feel like I'm missing a step.

Can someone give me some direction as to what I might be doing wrong in Pro.

I have attached some snapshots...

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
GregRumpel1
New Contributor

The Traverse tool did not produce the outcome I am looking for. 

This video is done in ArcMap...this is what I am trying to do in Pro but cannot seems to duplicate this process

This was just a very basic idea of what I do...I'm certain we can figure this out

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Greg,

We've had the editing team look at this and unfortunately it is an issue that will need to be fixed in Pro.  For now, once the feature is created, you can continue feature and change that segment to a curved segment.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We will get this fixed in a future release.

GregRumpel1
New Contributor

Thanks Kory, you mentioned "you can continue feature and change that segment to a curved segment."

I have never done this process in Arc...how would you suggest I go about that...I really appreciate all your help !

Greg

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You can Continue Feature or just edit Vertices.

0 Kudos
GregRumpel1
New Contributor

Kory...The only issue with this process is...you cannot set the radius...or can you ?

Greg

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You're correct, Greg.  You cannot set the radius.  That will need to be a part of getting this experience set up in Pro.  Sorry you're encountering this; we'll work on a complete solution so that this works well in Pro.  Unfortunately it won't be in the 2.2 release.  We'll look to get it in after that.

Cheers

0 Kudos
GregRumpel1
New Contributor

Is it possible to speak to you on the phone, I do not think that I have explained what it is I am trying to do properly ?

I can call, or this is my number 519-255-6100 ex- 6194

Thanks

Greg

0 Kudos